Logs:The Hedge Chronicles - Stone Cold Trolling

From NOLA: The Game that Care Forgot
Jump to: navigation, search


The Hedge Chronicles - Stone Cold Trolling


Characters: Stasya,Ashton,Conri,Rhys,Cat,Simin as ST)
Date: 2020-07-26
Summary: A group of Freeholders set out to see what might be causing problems between the city and Tumbledown, and find out that Twitter isnt the only place you might find evil trolls...
Disclaimers:

Simin left information at CCC for the time and place for the group to meet, waiting at one of the gates cloest to the CCC - an abandoned school building that never recovered from Katrina. The dragon's leaning against the playground wall toescuffing the pavement when people arrive, eyeing the hopscotch pattern that still persists in the concrete after years of neglect, while he waits for people to arrive. He looks more like someone out of a fantasy novel considering the mismatched bits and pieces of leather armor he has on, the buckler shield strapped to his arm, and the rapier on his hip, small little backpack strapped to his back while he hums...is that fucking Taylor Swift under his breath? Oh god yes, he's singing about 'being the Man'.

Those who have traveled with Ashton in the Hedge would already be able to anticipate how he'd look like when he shows up, and they wouldn't be wrong. His car pulls up in front of the school with a crunch of tires rolling over bits of broken concrete and he steps out already ready for action. As usual, the short Spring Darkling is decked out in his best protective gear, which consists of a flak jacket pulled over a sturdy leather and denim assembly in shades of gray and black, the legs tucked into a pair of sturdy hiking boots for comfortable walking. A variety of leather pouches hang from a thick leather belt around his waist, while a brace of four throwing knives are strapped across his chest and there's a hunting knife in a sheath on his right thigh. A larger sheathed blade in the form of a Chinese jian crosses his back diagonally, the red-tasseled pommel stick out pass his right shoulder to allow the blade to be easily drawn. A flat leather satchel bounces against his left hip, where it's carefully arranged to avoid interference when access to his other gear is needed.

"Hey, Simin! I brought a buddy with me! Hope you don't mind. Didn't think she'd join in, so I didn't mention it to you when I texted my response, but I guess we have an extra pair of hands with us today!" Ashton calls out cheerfully while he walks over to the passenger side to open the door for the other person sitting up front.

Stasya didn't sign up her name anywhere in advance or otherwise give the Hedge Guide any warning, but nevertheless the Crimson Queen is here at the designated meeting time, complete with rapier on her hip and giving a roll of her shoulders and neck until they pop as if she just got out of some activity that had kept her horribly stationary for far too long. Ashton's announcement with his arrival gets a tilt of her head. "I was also thinking of offering my hands as spares if needed. They do come with the rest of me though." That's actually a smile as the witchy wizened attempts a joke. Somebody's in a good mood!

Cat, as opposed to Ashton, does not look like she's dressed for combat. A pleather midriff jacket and trousers is all, no weapons or instruments of violence visible, but to her credit her shoewear is not her usual variety but a pair of worn looking white sneakers. "Thank you Ashton." she murmurs with an amused expression as she gets out of the passenger side door, moving with an easy spring in her step. When she spots Stasya however she stops dead, then with a formal air to her movements she dips her head in a respectful nod. "Maje." she says, all she says in fact, since you never know where mortals wander in the real world.

Rhys is new in town, but knows his way around just enough to get here. He's wearing jeans and a black turtleneck under one of those tweed jackets with patches on the elbow - looking far more like an academic than someone prepared to go into the Hedge. He's not even carrying a weapon, although wierdly he does have one of those portable batteries for cellphones strapped onto his hip where one would expect to see a sword or gun.

While others are armed and armored, Conri arrives with nothing more than the clothes on his back. A blue hoodie to keep away some of the rain, blue jeans with a few holes, and no shoes. At his flanks are a cat and dog, equally soaked by the day's rainy duldrums. After a whistle and a nod off to the CCC the pair of pets run off to rest inside and away from the rain. Conri gives a quick wave to everyone, and a smile to Ashton. "Heya, folks. "

Simin glances up when people begin to arrive and flashes a small smile at the faces, clearing his throat, "Hey folks." He eyes Ashton's comment about bringing a friend and shakes his head lightly, "Hey, as long as people understand this isn't exactly the safest thing in the world to be doing." Yeah, Winter's good for underfuckingstatements. He offers more of a respectful bow of his head towards Stasya, clasping his hands behind his back, "I'd be happy to have you." He pauses there as others he's less familiar with trail in, waiting until there seems to be a critical mass of folks before clearing his throat, "I had blocked out some time each week to offer to guide people around the Hedge each week, because I think its important that we know our way around it and through it, because They will use it against us and its important we have that tool on OUR side. However..." He trails off and toescuffs the hopscotch pattern again, "Last night I was told that some folks have disappeared on the way to Tumbledown and a hob merchant claims some of his merchandise he sold to someone else showed up sold off as scrap, implying that someone's getting waylaid in the Hedge and that's bade for business for them. So We're going to take a quick trip the long way around to Tumbledown and make sure this way is clear. If it's not, if we can clear it, we clear it. if not, we come back and get help. Make sense?"

Ashton lifts a hand to wave at all the other people showing up, smiling broadly enough to showcase all his translucent teeth. He also seems to be in a good mood today, very energetic. Maybe he had too many energy drinks. "Good afternoon, Your Majesty! Hey, Conri! And guy that I don't know yet!" That last part is directed at Rhys, whom he gives a bow to with his left hand clasped over his right fist. "Ashton Choi of Spring. Pleased to meet your acquaintance."

Of course, all that cheerfulness has to die down when Simin starts explaining the plan for the day. His smile turns into a grimace and a wrinkling of his nose in distaste. "That doesn't sound promising. If visitors to Tumbledown have gotten waylaid, any of our people that visit the Market could end up being next. I agree that we'd need to at least find out the cause."

Stasya gives an approving nod as Simin gives his introduction. "If it should come to comabt, those less seasoned should feel free to stand behind me. And probably Conri." Leave it to Summers to volunteer (or be volunteered) for front line duties. The heat of the Wizened's mantle is already blazing at the thought and she scowls a little at the mention of the missing travelers, muttering under her breath in Russian before taking a deep breath. "Definitely something to investigate."

"Makes sense to me." Rhys agrees with a nod. His accent is musical and lilting, betraying his origins in the Welsh valleys. "Rhys ap Morgan, of Autumn. A pleasure I'm sure." He responds to Ashton, returning the bow in kind although his involves his right fist resting against his left shoulder as he bows.

"That depends," he points at with a look to Stasya. "Unless some of y'all can fly I don't know if staying behind me is the best thing in the world." Conri chuckles and turns his attentions back to Simin. "Makes sense to me, hoss. You lead, I'll follow."

The explanation of what is going on gets Cat's attention but no real reaction from her, much like everything else. "So, Ashton, what form do you think would be best for this outing? Like, what do we need for all of this?" she asks lightly, cheer returned now that she's through with the formal parts of greeting the Regent, as they're moving along the asphalt "And don't worry about me. I'll, mmm, bite anything that bothers me in two. Or run away. I'm good at both."

With agreement given to the plan, Simin straightens up a little and flashes a small, humorless smile at the group, "Give me just a moment then." He glances down at the pavement and places his feet on the hopescotch pattern - someone across the street is going to see a grown fucking man decide to to a 10 year old's hopscotch pattern, avoiding the 7 spot, but when he gets back to the start and turns around, the gate itself is forced open in the wall, revealing rather than the ruined auditorium on the other side, the gloomy dim of the thorny hedge yawning on the other side the Hedge here still clinging to some of the nightmare of the hurican, considering how evidence of its ruin still clings to the 'real' world outside it, "Mind your step, please?" Simin plants a foot across the 'threshhold' as if he might be just keeping the gate open with the figurative foot in the door, so to speak. Not that it really works like that, but the mental image might help folks with the urgency.

.oO( Ashton rolls 12 Dice )Oo...............................................o.

 Roll: Presence + Survival + Wyrd + 3 + 3 (willpower)
 Result: Success (4) -- (6 2 3 8 6 10 1 10 4 4 7 9 4 5)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

.oO( Ashton rolls 9 Dice )Oo................................................o.

 Roll: Presence + Survival + Wyrd + 3
 Result: Exceptional Success! (5) -- (5 10 3 2 9 5 10 9 8 3 2)

.o......................................oO( exceptional success! (public) )Oo.

While , Ashton draws two items from the little pouches hanging from his belt. The first is a thumb-sized glass vial, with a plug that he tugs off to down the contents. The placement of the Darkling's pale gray fingers conceals what he just swallowed, but the little grimace and shudder that goes through Ashton's body indicates that it probably isn't pleasant. The other item is an e-Cigarette that he's about to bring to his lips when Cat addresses him.

"Uhhh... It kind of depends on what we come across, really. Something defensive in nature is always useful, as well as anything that improves your senses, but you might want to conserve your Glamour until we've assessed the situation," he answers his friend. His shoulders lift in a shrug, while his silver eyes scan the rest of the group to see if they have better advice.

Ashton finishes bringing the e-Cigarette to his lips and takes a deep pull from it. The young man holds his breath for a solid ten seconds before releasing it slowly pass pursed lips. A ring of nicotine laced vapor puffs out, surrounded by the paler and more ephemeral tendrils of mist that always linger on his breath as a result of his oriental draconian background. before the vapor ring can dissipate, Ashton reaches up to make a plucking motion, causing it to distort and to swirl into his hand in a rush of whipping wind to form a semi-solid blade of misty air that's identically shaped to the jian on his back. Seems that the mundane version of the sword is going to serve as his backup today.

As soon as the blade forms, Ashton steps through into the Hedge.


Stasya is very careful to mind her step, taking care to avoid any cracks in the pavement as she walks through the Hedgeway and draws her sword out once on the other side. Apparently mundane blade is good enough for the moment. "Even without flying... staying behind you is better than staying in front of you? Getting in the way of dragons rarely ends well..."

<spend> Rhys spends 2 (-2 points) of his Glamour pool, for elemental weapon.

<spend> Rhys spends 1 point of his Willpower pool.

.oO( Rhys rolls 7 Dice )Oo..................................................o.

 Roll: Presence - 1 (untrained survival) + Wyrd + 3
 Result: Success (2) -- (3 8 5 4 1 1 9)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

"Well, I'll likely take my real form once we're in there. Cats have pretty sharp senses." Cat answers Ashton as she gives the gate a curious look, same going for the hopscotch pattern while they're passing. Both soon fall to the wayside though as the scents of the hedge get her sniffing the air quite unabashedly, as if trying to scent something. "This place smells, mmm, weird." she adds "I like it." Without much comment she wanders on over to a tree and peers behind it, behind where the gate is in fact, then grins wide "Anyone mind if I sit in the shadows for a minute? I, mmm, thought I'd go unseen for a bit. Also... do we need a silent way to communicate?"

Rhys also apparently brought along an elemental weapon, his hand dropping to the battery box on his hip. His fingers wiggle like a magician about to pull something from a hat, and then he wraps his hand around a tendril of electrity and draws forth a crackling longsword made of pure lightning from the box. Satisfied he's now able to defend himself, he steps through the gate.

<spend> Conri spends 2 (-2 points) of his Glamour pool.

.oO( Conri rolls 7 Dice )Oo.................................................o.

 Roll: Presence + Survival + Wyrd
 Result: Exceptional Success! (5) -- (9 5 10 10 8 1 9 4 6)

.o......................................oO( exceptional success! (public) )Oo.

Finally, a game Conri can play well. One, two, and then he's off playing along until he gets to the gate. As he crosses the threshold between worlds he holds his breath. He finally lets it out in an electrical yawn. In that exhaled breath wind begins to whirl and whip around in, and his left hand he holds a sword meant for somebody of his already tall stature. The curved blade of lightning and thunder his held at his side, and he marches on behind the others.

Once the group is through the gate, Simin steps the rest of the way through, allowing things to close behind them, a wall of thorns retaking its place behind them where the playground just was a moment ago, leaving them standing in a peculiar little circle of purple and red brambles that look wickedly sharp - try not to trip over them. Simin carefully steps out of them and takes in a deep breath, glancing around for a moment before looking back at the group, "If you've been to Tumbledown before and you know the ability to Pathfind, then I strongly recommend using it, especially if you have a more, ah, bestial nature like I do. You can tend to pick up on what's going on in the Hedge on the way and that little extra bit might be the warning you need to get the fuck out of here before something very very bad happens." Naw, this isnt foreshadowing AT ALL that he's going to regret later. Not a bit. When he's sure people seem to be ready, he reaches out to pluck a thorn off of the nearest branch, stabbing his finger with it and flicking a drop of his blood on the ground, staring at it for a few minutes. "Well, I don't detect anything yet, but that doesn't mean there isn't something out here, so watch your step and lets get going."

<spend> Cat spends 2 (-2 points) of her Glamour pool.

It isn't loud, exactly, when cat collapses to all fours and briefly flashes with violet fire all over but it isn't a discreet move either. What is left behind is what looks like a fourhundred pound version of a fluffy domestic cat that, quite lazily, curls up in the shadows underneath a tree and some bushes, idly stretching her claws against the bark next to her once or twice.

It's not long after, maybe a minute, that a slightly lower version of her voice is heard from thin air next to the group "So, mmm, we're moving?"

<spend> Stasya spends 1 point of her Willpower pool, for Helios!.

.oO( Stasya rolls 11 Dice )Oo...............................................o.

 Roll: Dexterity + Athletics + Mantle
 Result: Exceptional Success! (6) -- (3 4 6 10 5 3 9 10 10 1 2 6 10 8 7)

.o......................................oO( exceptional success! (public) )Oo.

Ashton's nostrils flare widely to scent the air once everyone is through and the hedgeway closes behind the group. More streamers of mist spill from them when he exhales gustily. Even though he doesn't scent anything too alarming right off the bat, Ashton eyes the brambles with characteristic distrust and his magically formed jian held at the ready. "Yeah, it always smells kind of weird to me too," he tells Cat after he shifts his gaze away from the brambles. His silver eyes catch on to the elemental swords that both Rhys and Conri hold in their hands, which causes him to flash one of his signature grins at the other two men. He glances back at Cat just in time to see her transform. "Holy...! I thought you'd be a small cat!"


"Going unseen can be useful," Stasya gives a nod in agreement and as she looks around and sees the rest of the party mostly armed with elemental weapons, she sheaths her rapier and instead goes the very opposite of stealth, raising her hand with a golden ring to the sky and pulling down a sunbeam in the shape of a sword. A very big sword for the woman that appears to be made somewhat of spun sugar, but it somehow fits just right in her hand. "I'm ready whenever everybody else is."

<regain> Cat regains 1 point of her Glamour pool.

"I'm ready." Rhys nods to Stasya at her comment. As ready as he's likely to be, anyway. For all that he has a longsword made of pure lighting, he doesn't really look like the physically imposing type.

There's an invisible nuzzle against Ashton's side, an enormous cat-head shoved against him just like any mundane cat would, and a snigger that sounds almost like a growl. "I can be, if I feel like it. This seemed more appropriate though." Cat's voice murmurs as she pats off unseen towards the sort-of front of the group, intent on scenting the air ahead of them without her compatriots scents getting mixed up in it.

Conri checkes the edge of that unnecessarily large blade by running a scaled thumb along its length. When it draws his azure blood he nods, and then sucks the wound for a moment. To the other Summer he nods, "Yep. Ready as I'll ever be."

<Pose Order> It is your turn to pose. �Beep!

.oO( Stasya rolls 5 Dice )Oo................................................o.

 Roll: Resolve + Composure
 Result: Success (1) -- (5 1 7 10 1 2)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

.oO( Rhys rolls 4 Dice )Oo..................................................o.

 Roll: Resolve + Composure
 Result: Success (1) -- (6 9 2 3)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

.oO( Ashton rolls 6 Dice )Oo................................................o.

 Roll: Resolve + Composure
 Result: Success (4) -- (9 2 2 9 10 9 3)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

.oO( Cat rolls 3 Dice )Oo...................................................o.

 Roll: Resolve + Composure
 Result: Success (1) -- (6 10 3 3)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

.oO( Conri rolls 5 Dice )Oo.................................................o.

 Roll: Resolve + Composure
 Result: Failure -- (4 2 2 6 5)

.o...................................................oO( failure (public) )Oo.

Simin takes a moment to look the group over again, arching a brow at Cat's transformation but nods once in acknowledgement. Glancing over the others as weaponry is called up and people make preparations, he finally starts into motion, casually drawing the rapier out of its scabbard so he can hack a couple of exploratory bits of hedgethorn out of the way when they round a corner, though realizing he has a cat ahead of him has the dragon reconsidering that course of action a hack or two later. Instead he murmurs ahead of him, "The hedge widens out once we get through the hedgewall here then it's mostly swampy the rest of the way to the Mar..." Thats about as far as Simin gets before his phrase is cut off with the sound of a wet, heavy *smack*. Have you ever heard the sound of a mack truck hitting a wall? That crunch of metal and softer-than-metal all hitting at once and not really keeping a solid form? That sound. Simin is there in front of the group in one second, and a second later an absolutely massive troll stepped forward, already 2/3rds of the way through his swing, sending the dragon flying through the air INTO the hedgewall where he sticks like some exaggerated velcro wall. The trod troll ROARS at the group and levels his club at Ashton at Rhys and Ashton since they seem to be the ones up front with weaponry out, "YOU NO PASS! PAY FOR MARKET!"

.oO( Initiative Roster )Oo................................................o.

16) Ashton 11) Trolly (npc) 10) Stasya

8) Cat                                                                       
7) Conri                                                                     
.o......................................................oO( initiatives )Oo.

Ashton pages: Int + Medicine to see how hurt Simin is at a glance?

You paged Ashton with 'sure!'

.oO( Ashton rolls 4 Dice )Oo................................................o.

 Roll: Intelligence + Medicine
 Result: Failure -- (1 3 2 7)

.o...................................................oO( failure (public) )Oo.

Long distance to Ashton: Simin grins. HAH! HE LOOKS DEAD!

Ashton isn't a Summer, and is one of the less Hedge savvy in the group, but caution is a trait that doesn't need to be trained into most Lost. The fact that there's an entirely armed group around him doesn't cause his solid silver-eyes to constantly search for danger or keep him from tilting his head up to give the air a sniff every so often. It still comes as a surprise when an upright Simin suddenly goes flying through the air to slam into the briars. Ashton's mouth falls open at the sight of the enormous troll that's now standing in place of the Hedge Guide.

"What the fuck, man! Who attacks first and demands tribute afterwards?! No, don't answer that! You better not have killed my friend, you fucking asshole!" Ashton yells, face going blotching white. The Spring Darkling is as pissed off any Summer with a temper problem and he's now leveling his sword at the troll in a white-knuckled grip. "Hey, Simin. You ok? Answer me, buddy." The lack of answer, the bleeding and the difficulty of checking on his friend while standing ground against a troll causes more worry to bleed into Ashton's voice. "Simin?"

While it probably isn't noticeable in such a ruckus the sudden noise right behind her sends Cat vaulting around herself as if she weighed nothing; teeth revealed in an invisible and silent threat when she lands. A few moments of hesitation later she just grits her teeth and instead shifts her posture slightly, sinking low to the ground as she considers the options... the others get to decide, perhaps.

<spend> Cat spends 1 (-1 points) of her Glamour pool.

As one of her freehold members goes flying, the heat of Stasya's mantle flares and there's absolute fury in her eyes as she raises up her sunsword much like his waggling that club at her party-mates. "You're going to regret that." Short, sweet, and down to business.

.oO( Stasya rolls 12 Dice )Oo...............................................o.

 Roll: Presence + Intimidation.Evil Eye + Mantle
 Result: Exceptional Success! (5) -- (7 8 5 8 8 8 3 2 5 3 9 1)

.o......................................oO( exceptional success! (public) )Oo.

Rhys is caught off-guard by the sudden attack on their leader, and just stands there for a moment, blinking. And then he manages to say, still sounding fairly shocked, "Don't you recognize me?" It's obvious he's attempting to call upon some sort of magic, but in the moment he's just too flat-footed to manage to manipulate his glamour. The look on his face goes from shell-shocked to starting to panic, as he realizes it didn't work.

Conri had his sword hefted onto his shoulder, silently following along and taking in the sights. He watched the group's rear, and occasionally stole a glance behind them as they moved. Something got to him in those few seconds, and he became far too focused on what might be behind them. His distraction was so great that he didn't notice the troll's arrival until Sinim was sent flying into a hedge wall. He immediately exhales through flared nostrils, and whips his blade foward as the hob roars in anger and he returns the outburst with one of his own.

.oO( Ashton rolls 7 Dice )Oo................................................o.

 Roll: Dexterity + Weaponry.Jian + 3 - 3
 Result: Failure -- (2 7 4 2 4 2 1)

.o...................................................oO( failure (public) )Oo.

Fuck diplomacy. Ashton's pretty sure that the damn troll just killed his friend and is threatening the rest of the group. Ashton's boots dig into the ground, knees bending for a fraction of a second. Then, he's springing forward with his blade blurring in his hand and slicing through the air in a whipping line of wind to strike at the troll. He's not the strongest person in the world, but he has decent speed and mobility... so it comes as a surprise to the Darkling when his jian doesn't part flesh like he expects it to.

.oO( Simin rolls 8 Dice )Oo.................................................o.

 Roll: 13 - 5
 Result: Success (4) -- (5 10 4 4 5 2 8 10 1 9)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

Ashton takes some lethal and is now lightly bleeding.

The troll blinks as Ashton growls at him and apparently decides that his meager attempt to poke meant Ashton Wants To Play, and steps forward with an overhand smash that narrowly avoids turning Ashton into a tent peg and instead crunches against the man's shoulder before getting deflected off and hitting the ground with a sickening THUD.

<spend> Cat spends 1 point of her Willpower pool.

.oO( Cat rolls 12 Dice )Oo..................................................o.

 Roll: 9 + 3
 Result: Exceptional Success! (7) -- (2 3 7 10 3 10 10 10 10 2 4 2 5 10 1 2  
         10 4 4)

.o......................................oO( exceptional success! (public) )Oo.

There's no effort on Cat's part to hide the noise of her leap, or her bounce off of the side of the tree, since her contract hids such things. Instead she puts all her focus into getting her teeth into the hulking insult of a creature's wrist, or perhaps even better tear his hand off... And that is why several hundred pounds of cat suddenly appears flying through the air and sinks her teeth into one wrist while back feet kick out wildly at the other arm.

.oO( Stasya rolls 9 Dice )Oo................................................o.

 Roll: Dexterity + Weaponry.Swords + 3 - 3
 Result: Exceptional Success! (5) -- (8 7 4 9 8 8 9 2 3)

.o......................................oO( exceptional success! (public) )Oo.

Stasya fully intends to carry through with her promise that the troll will DEEPLY regret picking this fight, especially as Ashton swings and seems to just bounce of the tough hide. At least Cat's able to sink those feline fangs into one of the monster's club hand. While he's hopefully distracted, the Wizened darts in and strikes a fairly brutal blow with her sunsword to his hamstring.

Conri's dead last, and he's watching the others. His milky gaze flits from one Changeling to the other, but he always keeps his focus on the Trod. He readies his blade, lifting it from hold it up and at eye level before darting forward. After Cat's blow's left it open and Stasya knocks it on the ass he rushes in at its side, aand swings his blide downward to slice at the hob's wrist.

.oO( Rhys rolls 1 Dice )Oo..................................................o.

 Roll: Dexterity - 1 (untrained brawl)
 Result: Failure -- (3)

.o...................................................oO( failure (public) )Oo.

Rhys apparently decides not to swing his sword at the creature, but instead reaches out to touch it with his free hand. Despite the dogpile onto the troll, and the fact it's been knocked down, he somehow, incredibly, manages to miss. But it gets worse. It's not clear exactly what happens, but somehow he loses his balance. He also loses his sword, because it leaves his hand. The end result is that there's a scuffle, some shouted welsh, and the expectation that something happens. Something other than finding himself disarmed and hitting the ground hard. Unfortunately, the latter is the only thing that happens.

The troll probably wasn't expecting to find QUITE this many people out on the path, but then a troll isnt the smartest cookie in the box of animal crackers, either. Its a troll. Give him credit for getting the two attacks off at least, with a Simin plastered into the hedgewall and a good glancing hit off of Ashton's arm before he suddenly has Angry Kitty latching onto his arms tearing his skin up and Stasya and Conri coming at him from the front. The troll is as big as the broadside of a barn and there's really nowhere to dodge. Angry, frustrated growling thrashes against the flurry of fighting as he works to throw off fangs and blades, staggering back into the mass of hedgethorns he had burst out of. With Cat still latched onto his arms, he lands on his back with a heavy thud that SURELY they heard back at Tumbledown. The ground even shook a bit with the impact. The troll LOOKS like he might be dead, but anyone that passes a good Perception check will note the trolls' regeneration hasn't stopped.

.oO( Ashton rolls 8 Dice )Oo................................................o.

 Roll: Perception + Wyrd
 Result: Success (3) -- (2 2 1 4 8 9 4 9)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

.oO( Conri rolls 6 Dice )Oo.................................................o.

 Roll: Wits + Composure
 Result: Exceptional Success! (5) -- (9 10 2 3 3 10 8 10 1)

.o......................................oO( exceptional success! (public) )Oo.

.oO( Stasya rolls 4 Dice )Oo................................................o.

 Roll: Perception
 Result: Failure -- (4 7 4 5)

.o...................................................oO( failure (public) )Oo.

.oO( Cat rolls 6 Dice )Oo...................................................o.

 Roll: Perception
 Result: Success (2) -- (7 6 1 7 8 10 3)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

.oO( Rhys rolls 4 Dice )Oo..................................................o.

 Roll: Perception
 Result: Success (2) -- (10 7 2 1 9)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

.oO( Ashton rolls 7 Dice )Oo................................................o.

 Roll: Intelligence + Occult.Banes
 Result: Success (1) -- (10 4 3 1 2 4 2 6)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

<regain> Conri regains 1 point of his Willpower pool. .oO( Conri rolls 3 Dice )Oo.................................................o.

 Roll: Intelligence + Occult
 Result: Success (2) -- (7 7 10 10 3)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

"Ow! You overgrown piece of shit!" Ashton's sent stumbling from the blow to his shoulder and he has to quickly turn that into a series of quick pivots to avoid falling down. The Darkling's sucks in a deep breath and holds the air in his chest for a long moment. When he expels the breath, mist surges from Ashton's mouth and immediately begins to spin tightly around his body as whipping winds catch them up with the Darkling at the epicenter. The violently swirling air blasts away anything situated immediately next to him, sending bits of dirt and broken brambles flying everywhere.

Aaaand the troll's actually down! Ashton blinks in surprise, before his solid silver eyes narrow again. He advances cautiously while rolling his injured shoulder with a wince. "Shit... it's regenerating. Ugh, damn it. Trolls -do- that." He keeps his jian trained on the downed troll while furrowing his brows in thought. "Your Majesty! I remember something about them being weak to sunlight. I think that might be the only thing that can damage them permanently!" he calls out to the sugar spun fairy wielding pure sunlight at the moment.

There's a furious snarl from Cat as she jumps off of the troll, out of the way of everyone else, and then leaps towards the things head instead with claws out for several slashes at the eyes leaving deep gouges in the face and sockets both; spurts of blood coming forth for moments before regeneration stops the bleeding only for it to start up again at the next slash. She seems quite happy with it, purring even, as she does it.

.oO( Stasya rolls 12 Dice )Oo...............................................o.

 Roll: Dexterity + Weaponry.Swords + 3
 Result: Exceptional Success! (5) -- (2 3 8 1 3 9 4 8 9 3 10 5 2)

.o......................................oO( exceptional success! (public) )Oo.

<spend> Conri spends 1 (-1 points) of his Glamour pool.

Stasya gives a nod as Ashton calls out the advice. "Few things stand before the Sun's full fury. Fire might work as well..." The last is said with a quick glance to her fellows, but it's brief before she swings her blade of sunshine with all that said fury, even easier to sink at the massive target now that he's on the ground. She'll keep hacking and slashing until she's very well sure nothing will be coming back.

Conri wipes the sweat from his brow with the back of his right hand. He lets the sword fall to the ground and a crackle of electricity that sings the ground where it touches. "Anybody else just about crap their pants?" he asks with a won smile. He lets go of the blade, and it hits the ground with the faint echo of a thunderstorm. His mantle's flaring as electricity sparks from his eyes an the smell of ozone cloaks his form.

he was about to start taking off his hoodie when he caught sight of something. "Oh you have got to be kidding me!?" he yells. He finishes taking off his jacket, and after doing so his body becomes wreathed in elecritiy. The smell of a brewing storm is overpowered by the smell of burning flesh and smoke as as fire comes from the ether and spills over hte troll

With a disappointed flick of her tail Cat seems to lose interest in gouging out the eyes of the creature now that it seemed to be so definitely dead, but she still watches it for a few more moments just in case and taking the chance to lick her mouth clean. "So, helping mister Simin." she half-purrs, getting up off of her feet and heading on over towards the downed leader of the group with her tail standing straight up "Who here, mmm, should I provide a boon for the purpose? Who is the, mmm, best at doing such things?" she asks, eyeing the man where he is sprawled.

The troll really does look like he might be more meat than anything else with more than one person hacking on him and a Pissed Off Kitty chewing on him. But its when Stasya finally lets him have it, piercing the gloom of the Hedge with a spear of sunlight that shines with the kind of light that definitely does not Come From Here. When it hits the troll's skin there's a loud, sizzling hiss and the creature *SCREAMS* and twitches, reaching up sharply as if he might grab Stasya by the neck in a sudden burst of energy, while color slowly bleeds away from the troll and pallid skin turns grey and ashen. Eyes glaze over, the skin under the kitty's claws grows hard and brittle as the troll turns to stone underneath them.

Rhys decides against getting up. Instead he just reaches out from where he's laying, and this time if successful at placing a hand on the troll's skin. Right as he's about to invoke whatever it was he was going to do, he feels the skin turn to stone under his grip and just lets his hand flop back onto the ground. After a moment, he gets to his feet.

.oO( Cat rolls 11 Dice )Oo..................................................o.

 Roll: Wits + Occult + Wyrd
 Result: Success (4) -- (8 9 3 10 6 6 6 10 7 4 5 7 2)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

Stasya doesn't flinch even at the scream although she does take a half-step back when it looks like the troll might be reaching for her neck, sword held at the ready but then the troll turns to what appears to be stone and she gives it a solid kick for good measure, nodding her head when she is satisfied the thing seems dead and no longer regenerating. Now onto other problems and namely the fact that their guide still appears unconscious. A quick look at her companions and Stasya's glance narrows on the Spring, hoping certain stereotypes might hold true. "Ashton, can you check on him? We may need to drag him to the Center and find Nicolas..."

<spend> Ashton spends 1 (-1 points) of his Glamour pool, for Gift of Warm Blood.

<spend> Ashton spends 1 point of his Willpower pool, for Gift of Warm Blood.

.oO( Ashton rolls 17 Dice )Oo...............................................o.

 Roll: Wits + 3 + Mantle + 8
 Result: Success (3) -- (8 7 4 3 1 2 5 8 1 5 2 3 1 8 7 1 5)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

With the troll obviously burned and blasted until it turned back to stone, Ashton now has other concerns on his mind. The whipping twister of wind around his form drops as he runs to Simin's prone form, where he kneels to check for a pulse with bated breath. His friend had -looked- pretty dead, but that was at a glance from afar, and he -could- have been wrong. "Hey! Simin's not dead! Someone... Conri! Help me pull him straight, carefully!"

Ashton grunts softly as he maneuvers his friend into position. The scent of spring rain and growing grass strengthens around the Darkling as his Mantle flares. A haze of warm mist spills from his eyes, mouth and skin, following the motions of Ashton's hands when he lays them flat on Simin's chest. The mist streams into Simin's body in a steady wave and wounds slowly, but visibly begin to heal.

Conri takes some lethal and is now lightly bleeding.

<spend> Conri spends 2 (-2 points) of his Glamour pool.

Cat, not quite having the proper appendages for first-aid or moving people about, just sits in the underbrush and watches as Ashton uses his magic to aid the fallen man. Her tail flicks once or twice, her previous glee a little muted, and she starts to wash her paws with her tongue once it seems other people have the situation in hand.

Conri's own mantle settles down, finally. Sparks still fly from his eyes, but at least the lightning's no longer over his body. At Ashton's request he rushes over to aid his fellow dragon pull the other from the wall, making sure to be as gentle as he can.

As Ashton starts working his magic, and he does his own. It's not as beauteous nor pleasant. he lifts his right hand to his mouth, and drags his palm over those razor sharp teeth until he's really gotten into his flesh. He lets the blood flow freely over Simin, taking some of the other dragon's wounds as his own.

You've seen those Stupid Human Trick shows, the ones where they put someone in a velcro suit and throw them against a wall? Thats what Simin looked like, planted into the hedgewall, when Ashton and Conri are finally able to pull the dragon down, cut from numerous hedgethorns and his arm and leg bent at an angle arms and legs should not be bent at. At first he does indeed look a bit on the dead side, but with effort from both Lost, the Persian shudders and stiffens and strangles a soft sound of pain when he snaps back into the land of the conscious, blinking as he looks up at Ashton, then Conri, then back at Ashton, before finally sighing, "Fuck. We're not dead, are we?"

Rhys just stays out of the way, since this isn't really something he can help with. Instead he stands off to the side attempting to collect what's left of his dignity. He looks like he's considering something, occasionally looking skywards.

Stasya will leave the healing to those that seem to know what they're doing, giving an approving nod once Simin rouses back to the land of consciousness. "No, we're not dead. The troll that hit you is though." And truely vengenace might be one of the most important things of the day for this Summer as she glances at the rest of the party. "Well... seems clear enough that the troll certainly had been blocking the market path." And they didn't need no billy goat to stomp him.

"That one is." Cat murmurs and looks towards the stony remains of the troll "Really fucking dead. Like, extremely freaking fucking dead in fact. I kinda wonder why he'd attack before he asked for tribute you know, but unless one of you know how to speak to the dead I guess we'll never know." She sighs, a strange sound coming from a cat, and her tail flicks from side to side in sudden irritation "Turning inedible after death isn't a common issue for things in the hedge, right?"

Ashton blows out a breath of relief. "What they said, but you weren't doing well either. Damn it, you scared the shit out of me. Try to avoid getting smashed by a troll next time!" he instructs Simin, ignoring the fact that his own shoulder's still screaming at him in pain from getting smacked by that very same troll. "Man, what would I have told Charity... Here, up up..." He picks up his elemental blade with the hand of his injured arm with fingers that spasms a few times before he manages to get a good grip and hooks his good arm under Simin's shoulder to give the taller guy someone to lean on. Nevermind that Conri or Rhys would probably be better support.

The sleeve of his jacket is ripped off, and Conri starts wrapping it around the hand he recently shreded open. He seems far too used to affixing the makeshift bandage with one hand, and then grabs at one end of the knot he's finishing with his teeth to tighten it up. "No, not dead," Conri responds. He frowns again, this time at Simin, "If we are I'm gonna haunt the crap outta you." Then to Cat he looks, and he answers, "Sometimes. You get used to some things being made of nightmares and lost dreams and other crap after a while."

Simin needs a moment to just sit there, letting his eyes refocus as he looks around, nodding slowly at the assessment from the Queen and others, "Someone break off an important piece of the troll. Will prove to the Market later that we took care of the problem. Might be worth something to one of the merchants depending on how you phrase it." When an arm is offered, he takes it and struggles to his feet, sighing as he looks down at his disheveled clothing, then back at the others, "Well, thank you for saving my ass. Guess this is why I think going out here alone is a bad idea. Just first time I've seen a troll in person, actually." With a sigh, he reaches up to rub at his face, "Lets...get the rest of the way to the Market and get back home. Is everyone else okay?"

Rhys falls into place as Simin talks of them starting to move again. He still doesn't speak, prefering to brood in silence, but he's clearly unharmed and ready to move out.

"Well fuck, that'll make hunting a bother." Cat half growls once Conri has given her his answer, lips twitching up to show teeth for just a moment. "I guess it'll be a bit like learning to hunt anywhere else though, some shit is edible and other stuff isn't."

Her tail twitches again and she glances to Simin "Mmmm, if I recall the eyes, head and heart are the things people want from trolls? Not sure what the market would say though and, mmm, I sorta shredded the eyes right before the creature died." with a lowering of her head, slight but noticeable, she turns towards Stasya "Might we implore your Majesty to dig into the stone to recover the heart?"

Stasya tilts her head as she considers the request. She's certainly not the strongest around... but strength is definitely not everything. She takes a step closer to the troll's stone corpse and lowers her freehand into the dirt which she presses firmly on the troll's chest until a clear handprint is left. She steps back and glares at deceased. Being dead apparently wasn't justice enough for the Wizened as she wills his stony flesh back to reveal that precious (also stone) heart and she gives a wicked smile to her compatriots. "Certainly."

"Just minor battle wounds on this end. I'll heal it if it becomes a problem, but I don't want to commit the Glamour to it in case we need it for something else later. I'll do it when we get back on the other side," Ashton tells Simin after the Winter is back up and pulling away from him. He rolls his injured shoulder again with a wince, then passes the jian to his good side, where he can grip the pommel properly. He glances towards the petrified body of the troll and lets out a low whistle when he sees Stasya shatter it into pieces.

"We're all here to help one or the other, right?" Conri asks of Simin, and is quick to flash a fanged smile. He flexes his injured hand for a moment, and then checkes thhe tightness of the cloth over his wound. He falls back a bit as they move again, slowing down alongside Rhys. "You see anything up there?" he asks, sounding a little paranoid.