Logs:A Patrol Gone Wrong

From NOLA: The Game that Care Forgot
Jump to: navigation, search


A Patrol Gone Wrong


Characters: Hudson, Marek, Ryan, Sage, The Zombies - with Marek as ST
Date: 2020-05-21
Summary: In which The Zombies are out patrolling their territory and pick up a trail. It leads them to a strange and terrifying mnster living under the local Catholic School.
Disclaimers: We lost the log of the first half of this scene so we join our program already in progress!!

The Western Lakeshore neighborhood is a relatively new neighborhood sitting on the Southern side of Lake Pontchartrain. It is segmented on the West and East by the New Basin Canal and Orleans Canal respectively. Robert E Lee Boulevard serves as the Southern border. The area has four parks in addition to the broad amount of shoreline along the canals and lakefront. With two parks (Harlequin and Tourmaline) in the center of each side of the neighborhood and two smaller parks (Tiara and Peridot) that flank Canal Boulevard, green space abounds in Lake Shore. The curving streets are named for jewels and stones, like Onyx, Crystal, Amethyst, Emerald and more and are lined with trees.

Despite the name, homes in Lake Shore are not actually located right on the lake. A levee separates the neighborhood from Lake Pontchartrain and the seawall, but it certainly doesn't take away from the beauty of the area. From hanging out under the canopy of the oaks, to walking along Lakeshore Drive near the lighthouse, to sitting and enjoying the dancing Mardi Gras Fountain, to outdoor waterfront dining overlooking the marinas, Lake Shore has a lot to offer.

On the Robert E. Lee side of the neighborhood, you have a convenient Robert Fresh Market for groceries, a drug store, fitness center, sandwich and coffee shops.

.oO( +views - +view here/<name> to view )Oo...............................o.

  Owner                               Territory
.o.................................................oO( 4 people present )Oo.
  Ryan                   0s  5'9", dirty blond hair, blue eyes
  Marek                 40s  Dirty Blond, Blue Eyed Frat Boy SL 2
  Sage                  52s  Dark hair, dark eyes, SL2 (Beguiling)
  Hudson                34s  Tall with dark hair and eyes. SL2: Youthful.
.o......................................................oO( Local exits )Oo.
  7300 Lakeshore Drive <Unit 4>       Out <O>
.o........................................................................o.

.oO( Marek rolls 5 Dice - 9-Again )Oo.......................................o.

 Roll: Wits + Investigation
 Result: Success (1) -- (8 2 3 1 7)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

Marek helps boost Sage up the wall and then stops to look around a little more thoroughly. Teamwork makes the dream work. He's distracted by the blood trail, but finds a discarded backpack. He gives it a sniff and makes the yuck face at it's scent. It's also glowing from the effects of Marek's spell. He takes a moment and rummages through the contents some, pulling out a pair of pants that is definitely not adult sized. "Ah, jeez," he complains, dropping the bag. He huffs then, growling softly, and then taking Hudson's hand and clearing the wall.

.oO( Ryan rolls 4 Dice )Oo..................................................o.

 Roll: Wits + Investigation
 Result: Success (1) -- (1 9 2 6)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

Ryan is learning to run. He gets a texted to show up to this place and he does. Before Marek and Hudson are over the wall. He is wearing his skinny jeans and a black tank. He slides up against the wall and then stares. He walks over and bends down staring. He picks up a sick and pokes something and his eyes widen. "Someone's finger..." He grumbles before moving over to the wall and lifting his hands up. "Someone lost their finger." He points to it.

Hudson perches on top of the wall, and helps Sage and Marek over. He's just abot to drop down on the other side himself, when he hears the sound of pounding feet and looks down the street to see Ryan. "Hey twiglet" Hudson laughs at the flail of skinny limbs, and offers him a hand up over the wall as well, though Ryan is suddenly crouching to look something over. "Oh great..." Hudson rolls his eyes a little, when the blooded immediately finds a dismembered finger. "THat's just what we need, a jigsaw puzzle..." she shakes his head. "Grab it and c'mon!" Hudson urges, glancing up and down the empty street to make sure they're not being observed.

Sage wanders, not waiting for the others. He's never seen anything like this before, and it's messing with his head. He takes it all in, following the trail toward the school. "There's so much blood," he murmurs. He doesn't seem to be aware anymore of his pack or the plan, such as it is. He just has to follow the trail to see where it leads, armed with nothing but a cell phone. He's shivering, despite the New Orlean's heat.

"A finger?" Marek asks. He shivers a little and says, "Don't touch it. Fuck, man. Yuck!" He clambers over to the other side and notices Sage just wandering off to follow the trail. He trots to catch up and tries to redirect his cousin. He wraps an arm over Sage's shoulders and says, "I know. This is... bad," he understates. "Let's wait for everyone though. We can help them down off that stupid wall." He tries to urge Sage back to do just that, offering hands to the Irakka and Blooded.

Ryan nods and grabs the finger, shoving it in his pocket as he runs up to the wall and grabs Hudson's hands. He climbs up easily because he is light. He smiles as he drops to the other side, into Marek. He smiles at Marek. "Thank you." He offers to both of them. He lands on his knees and stands up. "So what is going on? I have a finger in my pocket that looks chewed on." He grumbles. He sees the blood and he walks over to Sage and lightly rubs his shoulder. He takes out the finger and tosses it in a blood pile. "Just that if we gotta put it together later we can." He nods.

.oO( Hudson rolls 2 Dice )Oo................................................o.

 Roll: Wits - 1 (untrained empathy)
 Result: Success (1) -- (10 1 1)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

Hudson hops down from the wall fairly easily while MArek assists Ryan, landing on the balls of his feet and then looking around once they're safely on the other side. He also registers that there's something up with Sage, and whether by luck or sheer chance, actually seems to figure out what it is! How unlike him! "Marek's right, stick close. It'll be okay" Hudson reassures gently. He nods with approval when Ryan brings the finger with him, explaining to Marek "If the humans find it the place'll be lousy with cops for weeks" he points out, then adding "We can make sure we got all the bits this way" a little quieter so hopefully Sage won't hear, since he seems to be effected by it all.

Sage starts a little at Marek's touch, and he looks at him, blank-faced but those dark eyes are haunted. "Nothing could survive losing this much blood," he says quietly. He lets Marek direct him, seeming to be on autopilot, himself. The others coming over to him, talking to him, it seems to bring him around. He's still shivering, but he doesn't try to go off on his own again. "What do you want me to do?" he asks, looking between them. "I don't know what to do."

Marek murmurs, "You're welcome," when he is thanked for helping Ryan down. He drapes an arm back over Sage's shoulders then, providing a little tactile comfort as he explains to Ryan, "We was out patrolling and... Hud smelled blood." He swallows and takes a breath. "It led us here to the school. Like... I dunno. Half-eaten fingers and a bloody backpack..." He shrugs and chews his lower lip a moment. He looks at Sage and the worry of his lip increases. His eyes flit to the blood trail that leads over to the concrete storm shelter. The trail seems to disperse some, the blood swathing the concrete area around the entrance leading underground, as if the blood were hosed off. On this side of the wall, faintly, from the shelter, the sounds of Cyndi Lauper can be heard playing.

Marek swallows again and glances to Hudson. "What... umm... what do you wanna do, dude?"

Ryan looks at Sage carefully and he takes his hand. "Stay by my side. I need you to cover my six." He follows them to the wall and he turns his eyes to Hudson then Marek. "Someone's in there..." He speaks softly and frowns as he listens to the music and looks at the blood. "I think they need to end up being paste." He growls quietly as his eyes narrow.

Hudson thinks for a moment, dark eyes moving from the storm shelter and retracing the footsteps back to the wall, before he finally looks back to (most of) the rest of his pack. "Hey Sage, could you maybe make some calls and see if you can think of a reason this school needs to be like, totally off limits? Like it's getting bug bombed or something?" Hudson suggests, before looking at Marek and suggesting. "I can try and sneak ahead and see if I can get a good look and then double back? Or we can all go together, but I think we should do it super ninja style. Whatever it is is crazy strong. It didn;t even slow down for the wall." Hudson points out.

Sage takes Ryan's hand, and in his other hand is his phone. "Yeah, I can make some calls," he says. Giving him something to do further pulls himout of himself, and he shrugs like he's shaking off some heavy weight. "All right, I'm just going to..." He dials, and then he starts talking. "Hey, I just wanted to confirm that Sunnyside Elementary in Lakeshore was closed down today for fumigation, and that we've alerted everyone in the district to stay away? It's not going to be ready to open again until after the weekend..."

.oO( Sage rolls 8 Dice )Oo..................................................o.

 Roll: Manipulation + Persuasion + 3
 Result: Success (4) -- (8 7 8 4 1 7 4 10 8)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

.oO( Ryan rolls 7 Dice )Oo..................................................o.

 Roll: Perception + 2
 Result: Success (2) -- (9 2 8 6 2 2 2)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

.oO( Sage rolls 5 Dice )Oo..................................................o.

 Roll: Wits + Empathy
 Result: Success (2) -- (8 8 3 7 2)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

Marek scratches his nose as he stares at the storm shelter. He growls softly and then nods a little to Hudson. "Yeah. I guess we should go standard. New moon's gotta snoop and then we can see what we can do." He glances at the Blooded to see if they seem to agree. "We aren't exactly dressed for the occasion."

The soft crooning of Cyndi Lauper changes from True Colors to Girls Just Wanna Have Fun.

Ryan blinks a few times and holds Sage's hand. He lets it goes to walks closer to Hudson. "Something is beyond that door. Mentally strong...like psychic but super powerful." He looks between the two men. "I'm a glass cannon. Let me get in there and damage the shit out of this thing." He looks at Hudson. "This is a school." He points to it.

Hudson nods approvingly and offers an encouraging smile toward Sage when the blooded reaches for his phone and starts making with the calls to make sure the place will be shut down for a few days. Then he looks first to Marek and then to Ryan, frowning uncomfortably when the blooded explaisn there's some sort of super powerful psychic...thing...in the storm shelter. And it like Cyndi Lauper. "Right, I'm gonna scout ahead and see if I can figure out what's up" Hudson nods, actually a lot more serious and sensible seeming when things start to really get going! "I won't be long, so like...if I'm not back in a few minutes you should totally come save my ass." he grins. Bending at the knees and keeping low to the ground, Hudson starts to move in the direction of the door the music is drifting out from. As he does, there's a shimmer of essence. Hudson begins to shift as he moves, packing on about a hundred and fifty pounts of extra muscle and gaining nearly a foot in height. Fangs and claws grow out a little and his knees snap painfully back into a digitigrade position as he adopts the dalu form.

Sage hangs up the phone. Then he focuses, and his brow furrows, and he rubs his temple. "Fuck," he says. "Guys, it's bad. I can hear them screaming. They can't even form words. They're just screaming." He then says, "Hudson! Be careful. There's something off about this. Souls ripped out of bodies, all connected to this... this //thing.//" He backs up. "It's like a siren. If anything can hear them, they know we're here."

As Hudson moves for the door, there is a rattle and then it opens. After a moment, a figure emerges. At around Marek's height, he is holding a pile of milk crates, the plastic mesh showing that they're full of homemade hand sanitizer and masks. The crates are stacked up high, covering the man's eyes so he doesn't seem to see anyone yet.

The music gets louder, but it is joined with the sound of idle chatter and whirr of sewing machines from within. The voices are varied, ranging in ages from teenager up to older and wizened sounding.

Just inside the door, chains with vicious hooks dangle, like some Hellraiser inspired bead door. The chains are heavy and thick, probably thick enough to restrain a gauru formed Uratha. The psychics can feel the center of it all moving closer to the door.

Marek blinks when he sees the man coming out of the entrance and up the little concrete ramp. He looks like a deer caught in the headlights, glancing around for cover that simply isn't there.

The man, dressed in cleaned-up-homeless-chic bends over to sit his load down on the concrete landing.

Ryan looks at Hudson and then to Sage. He shakes his head and looks at Hudson. "If you aren't out in a minute I'm going in. A lot of damage can be done to you in a minute." He moves behind Hudson and looks over to Sage. Then the door opens and Ryan takes a small step in front of Sage in protection and his eyes narrow. He feels the power coming closer and he tilts his head a little, eyes looking at those hooks.

.oO( Hudson rolls 5 Dice )Oo................................................o.

 Roll: Wits + Occult
 Result: Success (3) -- (9 6 5 10 9 7)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

<spend> Hudson spends 1 (-1 points) of his Essence pool, for eviscerate.

.oO( Hudson rolls 10 Dice )Oo...............................................o.

 Roll: Strength + Brawl.While Shapeshifted + 3
 Result: Success (4) -- (6 5 10 3 4 4 7 1 9 7 5, Rote: 4 7 7 3 8 8 5 4)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.


Hudson studies the dude for a second or two, and decides that something is definitely *not right* about him. He glances back in the direction of Sage and Ryan, and putting everything together as quickly as he can, he tries to take advantage of the element of surprise while they still have it. He rushes the guy as quickly as he can, though rather than going straight for the jugular, he simply slams the guy's head into the nearest solid object (the wall of the building he just came out of) with as much force as he can possibly manage. It doesn't kill him, but the resulting injury is likely to ruin the guy's week...or month...There's an unpleasant crunch as the man crumples to the floor.

Sage winces at Hudson, but then gives him a weak thumbs-up for not outright killing the guy. He stays behind Ryan, having no illusions of bravado or badassery. He's a hothouse orchid, and he knows it. He keeps his mind alert to any incoming thoughts, trying to tune out the screaming of the souls, and he stays the hell away from the door.

The voice comes before the figure. It's young sounding but it doesn't crack or falter naturally. "Hey, Marve. Pick everyone up some sandwiches too. Footlongs!" What appears looks to be a young man in his early teens, but the skin is stretched just a little too tight, like the skin isn't quite the right size. It's hands really are where the illusion ends though. The skin fits like fingerless gloves and talons extend, black and shiny, from the finger holes. It also looks like the finger Ryan found just might belong to that skin.

The creature is caught by surprise in the doorway. It stands there with it's mouth hanging open for a moment before it shrieks, "Marve! What the hell did you do to Marve?! You Monster!"

The sound of sewing machines stops and the music turns off. The sound of guns cocking can be heard, some six of them, from the inside. The creature turns his head as it studies Hudson for a moment and whispers, voice carrying with telepathic resonance, "Load the silver. We have an infestation."

Marek, for his part, winces as the homeless dude is dropped. He squints to see the creature in the doorway, but the mention of silver dominates his attention. He pales and the sound of bones popping and reforming delivers him from Hishu to Dalu. He moves forward with a worried expression, but backs up his alpha.

.oO( Ryan rolls 0 Dice - Chance )Oo.........................................o.

 Roll: Presence - 1 (untrained persuasion) - 2
 Result: Failure -- (2)

.o...................................................oO( failure (public) )Oo.

Ryan blinks a few times and watches the other creature come forward. He sees the claws and then looks to Marve. He looks back to Sage. "Stay there." He rushes forward and steps between the wolves and the creature. "Stop please! Marve will wake up with a headache. You'll be dead by then if you don't explain." He sees a closer look at the creatures fingers and he turns and vomits. "Fuck there goes my taco." He smells the vomit and he throws up again. "Just explain..." He tears up.

Hudson is only just turning back from braining Marve against the wall when the smaller figure with the disturbingly too tight skin makes it's way outside and starts acting all threatening. Ryan running over and trying to interject earns a low growl from the dalu-form irraka, which only depens at the mention of loading guns with silver. "Marve is fine! I didn't even use my claws! I was braining Marve's head against the wall because he was a weird zombie and then you fuckin come out wearing some human kid's skin like a cheap halloween costume! You're the fucking monster here!" Hudson points out, perhaps obviously.

Sage is the persuasive one and he makes no attempt to intervene. He presses himself up against the wall, and good twenty feet from the door, and he tries to make himself a small, flat target. He catches a glimpse of the too-tight skin over the teenager (teenagers are another sort of monster, brr), and he just flattens himself and snaps his mouth shut.

The Monster eyes Hudson levelly and gives a little eyeroll. "Says the fucker that just bounced my boy's head off a frickin' wall. Whatever happened to, 'Hey! Those look heavy. Lemme help you with that. Name's Hudson.' You're the worst neighbor ever." The creatures eye's narrow as his gaze flits between Hudson and Ryan. The gaze lingers on Ryan and the Monster breathes in deep, relishing the scent. "I should have snatched you up when I had the chance, Ryan." It's gaze flits to Sage, there against the wall. It smiles, head tilting and smiling, made just a little threatening by the too tight skin that shows an almost rictus grin. Marek doesn't even get so much as a glance.

The Monster looks again at Hudson and says softly, "Be a good neighbor and get off my lawn. We have products to deliver to the local clinics. No spirits here. Go away. I'll call if anything remotely your fucking business presents itself."

Marek looks contrite as he whispers to Hudson, "Let's go, dude."

.oO( Ryan rolls 5 Dice )Oo..................................................o.

 Roll: Intelligence + Occult
 Result: Success (1) -- (3 2 10 3 5 7)

.o...................................................oO( success (public) )Oo.

Ryan lifts his eyes up and looks at the monster in the eye. "You never had a chance." He speaks softly. He points to the creatures fingers and then the blood. "You aren't a host or a spirit. Not a demon but you ... make deals." He stares at the creature. "Dude you ate someone and are wearing their skin. At least, you could... you know not do that. Not murder people." He rubs his forehead. "So this is their business as it's happening in their territory and that is part of what they protect." He puts his hands on his hips and frowns at the creature.

Hudson is very nearly at boiling point. It's not quite wasu-im, but all of hs muscles are tense and his dark eyes are seething with rage as the monster speaks. For his part, Hudson seesm ready to leap at the creature and (at least attempt) to tear it a new one, except that it rapidly becomes clear that the pack isn't exactly behind him and raring to go, with poor Sage pressed against a wall, Ryan puking his guts up and Marek suggesting that maybe they should just leave. It takes a visible act of will for the Irraka to restrain his comments to a simple, growled "Fuck you very much" to the monster and then turning and barking "Out!" at the other three guys. The wall on the opposite side of the courtyard (that they're going to have to climb back over) is going to get a solid three punches in quick succession, and then a solid kick when he makes it that far. Enough to mangle his knuckles a little, if they weren't healing so damn quickly.

Sage exhales sharply, and he pushes off the wall, raking his hands through his hair. He glances toward the monster a petulant look, just in case they weren't sure where he stood on their shenanigans, but he doesn't say a word to them. He just follows after Hudson, and he asks Ryan, "Are you okay, man?"

The Monster studies Ryan for a moment, its rictus smile turning truly cold. He whispers, voice resounding telepathically, "I was here first little one. I didn't begrudge you being in MY territory. Now, I have occasion to revisit that decision." He pauses and turns back into shelter, waving a hand. Marve lifts from the ground bonelessly and floats back into the shelter. With them out of the way, there are two rows of three, one kneeling before the other, all with rifles aimed at the doorway should any be foolish enough to try to enter.

Cyndi Lauper is replaced by Depeche Mode as Marek finally turns and follows Hudson. He chews his lower lip as he strides, bones breaking and reshaping back to Hishu as he goes. He helps Ryan and Sage up if they need it, but doesn't have much to say until he makes it home.

Ryan stares at the creature and frowns when he's spoken to in his brain. "You know what... fair point but a warning, sir." He lifts a finger. "Threaten my family again in any way and I'll vaporize your minions." He thinks in his mind pushing that towards the creature. He growls a little and turns moving after Hudson and Marek. He's grumpy.

[[Category: Werewolf ]]